Quality care for keiki
HMSA understands the financial challenges of caring for children, including the
cost of providing consistent and reliable health care during their developing years.
The HMSA Children’s Plan is a basic and affordable choice for children age
31 days through 18 years who do not have health care coverage and do not qualify
for any other insurance, including QUEST.
Benefits to maintain overall health
The HMSA Children’s Plan is an HMO that offers coverage for:
- Medical services.
- Preventive dental services.
- Limited prescription drugs.
Quality health care for children can help prevent them from getting sick. Under this plan,
certain preventive services, immunizations, doctor visits, diagnostic tests, and
emergency care are covered. Just choose a primary care provider (PCP) within our
HMO network of providers to coordinate all of your child’s health care needs.
Helping you with the cost of health care
Medical fees can add up quickly if your child does not have coverage. The HMSA Children’s
Plan is an affordable plan that offers:
- No copayments for immunizations and well-child visits.
- A low copayment for physician office visits (maximum 12 office visits per calendar
- Fixed copayment for inpatient hospital care (maximum five days per calendar year).
- Affordable prescription drug coverage for generic antibiotics, oral contraceptives, and drugs recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.