Is there a generic equivalent for my brand-name drug?
Your HMSA formulary offers many generic drugs. Using a generic drug instead of a brand-name drug can help lower your out-of-pocket costs.
Use CVS Caremark's drug search to see if your brand-name drug has a generic equivalent:
- Log in to My Account on hmsa.com.
- Select the Prescription Tools link at the top left of the screen, then select the My Dashboard link.
- You will be directed to the CVS Caremark page.
- Select Understand My Plan and Benefits at the top of the page.
- Select Check Drug Coverage and Cost to search for a drug by brand name.
- Select a Plan Member and type in your brand-name drug under Drug Name. Click Search Drug.
- Once your search is done, your brand-name drug will be listed with any generic equivalents for the drug covered under your plan.
- To see a cost estimate for your drug, select the generic or brand-name drug and strength.
Don't see a link to Prescription Tools? Check your HMSA membership card to see if you have drug coverage with HMSA. If the word Drug with a code is not listed, you might have drug coverage with another insurer and you should check with your employer or employee organization. If your HMSA membership card indicates you have drug coverage with HMSA, call HMSA's Customer Relations department and select the Drug option to speak with a CVS customer care representative.