Annual Cost Savings Reports
Each year, HMSA members are mailed the Annual Cost Savings Report (ACSR), which summarizes their health care costs for the previous year. The ACSR includes information from your Report to Member (RTM) statements in convenient, easy-to-read charts that show:
- The cost of your health care expenses.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses (copayments and co-insurance).
- The amount HMSA paid on your behalf.
- The amount you saved as an HMSA member.
Denied claims and noncovered services will not appear in the report.
View your current ACSR online
Your current and previous reports can also be viewed online via My Account.*
- Register and log on to My Account. Each plan member age 18 and older must create their own My Account.
- Click the Cost Savings Reports tab at the top left corner of the page or click View Cost Savings Reports at the right of the page.
- Plan subscribers can also view reports for dependents under age 18.
*Not all members can access this service. If you need your ACSR and are unable to find it in My Account, please contact HMSA's Customer Relations department.
Who receives an ACSR?
Each household member will receive a report, including minor children on the plan.
ACSRs will not be sent if we did not receive any claims for you during the previous calendar year.
The benefits of receiving an ACSR
The report shows your savings as an HMSA member, which can be significant.
The report may also be used to determine where you could cut your health care costs. For example, you may be able to lower your copayments by using generic drugs, switching your medications to mail order, or by using HMSA’s Online Care service.
Tax filing information
We do not recommend using the ACSR as documentation for tax filing or flex-spending accounts. Flex-spending accounts usually require you to keep RTMs, or Explanation of Benefit reports, as supporting documentation. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.
Specific claims information is available in your My Account on hmsa.com. Once logged in to your My Account, select View Claims at the right side of the page.
Questions about the ACSR
HMSA values your membership. If you have any questions regarding the report, please contact HMSA Customer Relations.