HMSA’s Individual Care Plan Application
To apply for HMSA’s Individual Care Plan, please print and fill out this form.
Mail it to HMSA at the address below.
To avoid delays, please make sure your application is complete.
- Fill in your name, address and phone numbers.
- Select either High Option or Basic Option.
- Check “yes” if you have other medical coverage and fill in the name of your carrier.
- If you are currently enrolled in an HMSA individual plan (PPO
Conversion Plan, Conversion Plan 10, Plan 6, Student Plan 19, or HPH
Conversion Plan) and would like your current coverage canceled if you are accepted
in this plan, check “yes.” You may be required to complete a plan waiver
form at the time of acceptance.
- Fill in your present or former HMSA subscriber ID.
- Fill in your name, sex, birth date, Social Security number, participating health center, and primary care provider.
The primary care provider must be with the participating health center specified in the Directory of HMSA health centers and providers
for individual plans. Under "Current Provider?" check "Yes" if the provider you selected is your current
provider. If the box is not checked and the provider is not accepting new patients or is
a specialist, we will not be able to enroll you with that provider.
- If you are applying for a family plan, please list information for your spouse and
each eligible dependent child.
- Read the agreement, then sign and date the application.
Please enclose the following with your application:
- Individual plan authorization for medical
- Health history for subscriber and all dependents.
Please do not send any money at this time. Upon approval of your application, HMSA
will send you a bill.
Mail all application materials to:
P.O. Box 860
Honolulu, HI 96808-0860
For more information, call (808) 948-5555 on Oahu or 1 (800) 620-4672
on the Neighbor Islands, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Your application is subject to approval by HMSA.