We believe that a community is defined by the aloha that unites its members, the
compassion it shows those in need, and the quality of life it achieves by working
together. Our support and sponsorship of community events and programs is a continuing
expression of HMSA’s legacy of social responsibility and commitment to the people
Emphasis is given to programs or activities that focus on physical activity, nutrition,
disease prevention, substance abuse, and community health and wellness. Particular
consideration is given to 501(c)(3) organizations that serve specific populations,
including those in rural areas, children and seniors, and those who are at-risk
The following information is required for consideration of support or sponsorship:
- The basic nature or purpose of the organization.
- Organization’s address, contact phone number, and email.
- A description of the proposed event or activity, target audience, and number of
- Specific type of request and how it will be used:
- Financial support.
- In-kind contributions such as logo items, printed materials, or brochures.
- Participation by HMSA with staffing or games.
- Description of how the contribution will be acknowledged.
We require at least one-month advance notice from the event date for all monetary requests
or requests for HMSA’s participation at an event. At least three-weeks notice is
required for all in-kind requests. Requests are reviewed every two weeks.
Generally, only one monetary donation will be given to an organization in a calendar year.
All HMSA Corporate Giving applications are accepted online through our website.